It is very hard for a person to deal with diabetes. Being a diabetic patient people needs to takecare of their health and have to keep check on the treatments. Let us know some of the food recpies that are diabetic friendly and which can be cosumed by the diaetic patients
The Need For Diabetic Friendly Recipes
Healthcare professionals are well aware that persons diagnosed with Diabetes need to make changes to their diet in order to control blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of developing diabetes related illnesses. There is the likelihood that diabetics may already have high blood pressure, kidney problems, and high cholesterol levels. In such cases it is imperative to alter past food habits for drugs to work efficiently. Healthy eating will reduce the impact of diabetes and improve overall well-being. Eating right will also enable physicians to reduce the prescribed dosage of drugs for controlling diabetes. Healthcare professionals can guide patients by pointing out which foods to consume or avoid. Diabetics should maintain a food plan wherein they consume three meals a day at regular timings and eat only the healthiest of foods to achieve weight loss if required.
Easy And Delicious Diabetic Recipes
Medical professionals can recommend the following diabetic friendly recipes for patients to enjoy wholesome meals without allowing them to feel like they are missing out on delicious food.
- In a large saucepan, sauté one sliced onion and garlic clove in olive oil until soft. Add thinly sliced beef strips, about 400 grams of chopped tomato, one deseeded yellow pepper, and boil it with water until the meat becomes tender. Stir in a handful of black olives and serve Italian beef stew along with polenta.
- Prepare this simple carrot and lentil soup to keep you feeling full for longer. In a large pan combine olive oil, grated carrot, split red lentils, vegetable stock and low fat milk. Cook until the lentils become soft and add dry roasted cumin and chili flakes for flavor. Serve with a dollop of low-fat yoghurt.
- Combine one can of pre-cooked chickpeas, garlic, onion, parsley, cumin, coriander, chili powder, and two teaspoons of flour in a food processor. When the mixture is fairly smooth, shape them into patties. Rub a small coat of oil to a non-stick frying pan and lightly grill the falafel patties. When done, serve it with a side of salad and tomato salsa.
- Boil a handful of spaghetti in salted water. After around seven minutes add the broccoli florets and boil until tender. Drain and toss it into a salad bowl along with finely chopped shallots, capers, olives, canned tuna, and the zest of one lemon. Enjoy a nutrition rich hearty meal of lemon spaghetti with tuna and broccoli.
- Enjoy healthy comfort food with this easy mushroom and thyme risotto. Heat oil in a pan and sauté chopped mushrooms for a few minutes. Add quinoa to the mushrooms and slowly add ladles hot vegetable stock until the stock is completely absorbed by the quinoa. Follow this process while adding the risotto rice also until the rice and quinoa become tender. Stir in thyme and serve hot with a topping of rocket lettuce.
Eating Guidelines For Diabetics
Diabetics can incorporate the following tips into their meal plans to enjoy the complete benefits of eating healthy food.
- Avoid adding sugar and opt for natural organic sweeteners like fresh fruit juice or honey
- Monitor your salt intake for the day and do not exceed the recommended limit
- Take meals at regular intervals
- Reduce the portion of every meal
- Incorporate healthy fat from foods like salmon and tuna into your diet
- Limit your consumption of alcohol
- Choose lean meat over high fat meat
- Take only low-fat dairy
- Add more non-starchy vegetables to your lunch and dinner
It is advisable to plan your meal ahead so as avoid the temptation to binge on unhealthy foods. Planning ahead will help you to incorporate only those foods that are diabetic friendly.